We gather various concerns from our clients
¿What are the common causes of Osteoporosis?
¿What is heartburn?
This sensation occurs when the powerful acid that is present in the stomach reaches the lower part of the esophagus (the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach) or when the stomach acid is generated in excess (hyperacidity) and is capable of irritating the walls of the stomach itself.
¿How to increase vitamin D levels?
- Increase exposure to sunlight or doing outdoor activities, at least 3 to 4 times a week, with the largest exposed skin surface and without the use of sunscreens. At this point it is advisable to be cautious, due to the adverse effects that solar radiation has been shown to have on the skin.
- Increase the intake of foods rich in vitamin D such as red salmon, mackerel, eels, catfish, among others.
- Through the use of supplements containing vitamin D3 or D2..
¿What can we do against abdominal colic?
Faced with abdominal colic, it is always important to pay attention to whether they are accompanied by other manifestations such as nausea, vomiting, fever, diarrhea or other symptoms, because in such a case it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Most crampy abdominal pain can be effectively relieved with analgesics and/or antispasmodics. The most commonly used analgesics include anti-inflammatories, including ibuprofen. Among the antispasmodics, hyoscine stands out.
Both ibuprofen and hyoscine have shown high effectiveness and safety in the treatment of crampy abdominal pain, the combination of both is a strategy to increase effectiveness, using lower doses of each, compared to using them separately.
¿Why is Vitamin D important?
¿What is Vitamin D for? ¿What are the functions of Vitamin D?
- It facilitates the absorption of calcium and phosphorus at the level of the intestine, strengthening the bones and teeth. Together with calcium, it prevents the appearance of osteoporosis.
- Strengthens the immune system, helping to fight infections by viruses and bacteria.
- It reduces the risk of sarcopenia, that is, it counteracts the loss of muscle mass, strengthening the musculoskeletal system.
- It favors a good functioning of the nervous system, improving nerve conduction and reducing the risk of the appearance of degenerative diseases.
¿What are the symptoms of heartburn?
Other frequent symptoms are a feeling of fullness or heaviness, belching and sometimes nausea.
¿How many types of calcium supplements are there?
Calcium carbonate needs to be taken with food for absorption. Calcium citrate (Calcibone® D) can be taken with or without food, it has better absorption than calcium carbonate. Does not produce gas or constipation. Calcium citrate does not cause kidney stones. In elderly patients or those who consume products that reduce gastric acid, citrate is ideal since it is absorbed regardless of the pH of the stomach.
Other forms of presentation such as calcium gluconate and calcium phosphate have a very small percentage of elemental calcium and are not recommended.
Of. 202 Urb. Chacarilla Santa Cruz